Investing in Jiangsu
Located in East China, Jiangsu is one of the most economically developed provinces in China. With its capital in Nanjing known as the second-largest city in the East China region. The Province of Jiangsu covers a total surface area of 102,600 km2 alongside a population of 80.7 million inhabitants. Jiangsu province is acknowledged to be a strong production base of industrial machinery and equipment, electronics, petrochemicals, textiles, and new materials.
The Province of Jiangsu is a hub for foreign-invested enterprises among the main recipients of FDI flowing into China. Accomplishing 59,308 foreign investment companies with a total export of USD 394.8 billion and a total import of USD 234.7 billion. In addition to an average urban salary of USD 12,799.
In terms of GDP, the Province of Jiangsu ranked second in China after Guangdong province, reaching USD 1,582 billion in 2020 and USD 1,431 billion in 2019 with a GDP per capita of USD 17,735. Along with GDP growth of +6.1% in 2019 and +3.7% in 2020.
Main Economic Centers (GDP) in Jiangsu
· Suzhou (USD 276 billion)
· Nanjing (USD 202 billion)
· Wuxi (USD 170 billion)
· Nantong (USD 135 billion)
· Changzhou (USD 106 billion)
Main Sectors in Jiangsu
· New technologies
· Industrial machinery
· New materials
Main Industrial Areas in Jiangsu
· Jiangsu Pilot Free Trade Zone
· Suzhou Industrial Park
· Nanjing Economic and Technological Development Zone
· Kunshan Economic and Technological Development Zone
· Taicang Port Economic and Technological Development Zone
· Nantong Economic and Technological Development Zone
· Haimen Economic and Technological Development Zone
· Lianyungang Economic and Technological Development Zone
· Yangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone
· Nanjing High-tech Industrial Development Zone
· Wuxi High-tech Industrial Development Zone
· Suzhou High-tech Industrial Development Zone
· Wuxi High-tech Zone Comprehensive Bonded Zone
· Wuzhong Comprehensive Bonded Zone
(Jiangsu) Pilot Free Trade Zone
Established in 2019 to promote regional integration and development.
With a purpose to facilitate the cooperation with provinces and cities along the Yangtze River Economic Belt and the Yangtze River Delta.
The target industries are high-tech manufacturing, financial services, robotics, international trade, and commerce. Besides, the functional areas include Suzhou Industrial Park area (60.1 sq. km) Jiangbei area (39.5 sq. km), and Lianyungang area (20.3 sq. km).