Investing in Fujian
Located in East China. The Province of Fujian is known for numerous industries including textiles, machinery manufacturing, electronics, building materials, and tourism. With its capital Fuzhou, the Province of Fujian covers a total surface area of 121,400 km2 standing a population of 39.4 million.
Fujian province accomplished 30,150 foreign investment companies with total exports of USD 120.1 billion and total imports of USD 72.9 billion. In addition to an average urban salary of USD 11,231.
In terms of GDP, the Province of Fujian ranked seventh in China after Sichuan province, reaching USD 676 billion in 2020 and USD 609 billion in 2019 with a GDP per capita of USD 15,453. Along with GDP growth of +7.6% in 2019 and +3.3% in 2020.
Main Economic Centers (GDP) in Fujian
• Quanzhou (USD 143 billion)
• Fuzhou (USD 135 billion)
• Xiamen (USD 86 billion)
• Zhangzhou (USD 68 billion)
• Longyan (USD 38 billion)
Main Sectors in Fujian
Main Industrial Areas in Fujian
• Fujian Pilot Free Trade Zone
• Fuzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Fuqing Rongqiao Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Quanzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Xiamen Haicang Taiwanese Investment Zone
• Zhangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Quanzhou Taiwanese Investment Zone
• Fuzhou High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Xiamen Torch High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Putian High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Sanming High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Quanzhou High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Fujian Quanzhou Comprehensive Bonded Zone
(Fujian) Pilot Free Trade Zone
Established in 2015 and the hub for 21st Century Maritime Silk Road and cooperation with Taiwan.
With a purpose to develop the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, adopt an innovative cross-strait cooperation mechanism with Taiwan province, and promote free-flow of goods, services, capital, and personnel, enhancing the economic connection of Fujian and Taiwan.
The target industries are trading, logistics, warehousing, high-tech manufacturing, tourism, shipping, airport-based industries. Besides, the functional areas include the Fuzhou area (31.3 sq. km), Xiamen area (43.8 sq. km), and Pingtan area (43.0 sq. km).