Investing in Henan
Located in South-Central China. The Province of Henan is one of the largest industrial centers in Central China and a hub for the new Silk Road. Also, known to be rich in natural resources and raw materials. Zhengzhou is the capital and major hub for the national transportation network of China. Henan province is the third most populous province in China with a population of 96.4 million inhabitants covering a surface area of 167,000 km2.
Henan province accomplished 8,257 foreign investment companies with total exports of USD 54.2 billion and total imports of USD 28.3 billion. In addition to an average urban salary of USD 9,547.
In terms of GDP, the Province of Henan ranked fifth in China after Zhejiang province, reaching USD 847 billion in 2020 and USD 779 billion in 2019 with a GDP per capita of USD 8,085.
Along with GDP growth of +7.0% in 2019 and +1.3% in 2020.
Main Economic Centers (GDP) in Henan
• Zhengzhou (USD 163 billion)
• Luoyang (USD 73 billion)
• Nanyang (USD 54 billion)
• Xuchang (USD 45 billion)
• Zhoukou (USD 44 billion)
Main Sectors in Henan
• Industrial machinery
• New materials
Main Industrial Areas in Henan
• Henan Pilot Free Trade Zone
• Zhengzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Luoyang Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Hebi Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Xinxiang Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Zhengzhou High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Luoyang High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Pingdingshan High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Jiaozuo High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Nanyang High-tech Industrial Development Zone
• Zhengzhou Xinzheng Comprehensive Bonded Zone
(Henan) Pilot Free Trade Zone
Established in 2017 and known as the key location along the Belt and Road, and connection with Eurasia.
With a purpose to establish an international business environment offering trade facilitation and advanced transport and logistics infrastructures along the Belt and Road.
The target industries are advanced manufacturing, artificial intelligence, high-end equipment, automotive, biomedicine, logistics, international commerce, financial services, medical and healthcare, robotics. Besides, the functional areas include Zhengzhou area (73.2 sq. km), Luoyang area (26.7 sq. km), and Kaifeng area (19.9 sq. km).