Investing in Sichuan
Located in Southwest China and a hub for trade and investment. The Province of Sichuan is one of the largest suppliers of food. Also, the reference point for High-tech companies and the creation of several technological research centers. Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan province and one of the most populous cities in Western China (other two cities: Chongqing and Xi’an). Sichuan province covers a total surface area of 485,000 km2 with a population of 83.7 million inhabitants.
Sichuan province accomplished 12,502 foreign investment companies with total exports of USD 56.4 billion and total imports of USD 41.7 billion. In addition to an average urban salary of USD 11,740.
In terms of GDP, the Province of Sichuan ranked sixth in China after Henan province, reaching USD 748 billion in 2020 and USD 670 billion in 2019 with a GDP per capita of USD 7,996. Along with GDP growth of +7.5% in 2019 and +3.8% in 2020.
Main Economic Centers (GDP) in Sichuan
• Chengdu (USD 244 billion)
• Mianyang (USD 41 billion)
• Yibin (USD 37 billion)
• Deyang (USD 34 billion)
• Nanchong (USD 32 billion)
Main Sectors in Sichuan
• New materials
Main Industrial Areas in Sichuan
• Sichuan Pilot Free Trade Zone
• Chengdu Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Deyang Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Mianyang Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Guangyuan Economic and Technological Development Zone
• Tianfu New Area
• Chengdu High-tech Industrial Development Area
• Zigong High-tech Industrial Development Area
• Deyang High-tech Industrial Development Area
• Mianyang High-tech Industrial Development Area
• Chengdu High-tech Comprehensive Bonded Zone
• Chengdu Shuangliu park
• Sichuan Mianyang Export Processing Zone
(Sichuan) Pilot Free Trade Zone
Established in 2017 and known as the Gateway for the Western regions and inland areas.
With a purpose to lead in the development of an inland open economic highland as a gateway for Western regions and the Yangtze River Economic Belt.
The target industries are high-end manufacturing, airport–related services, logistics, financial services, warehousing, and forwarding. Besides, the functional areas include the Chengdu Tianfu New area (90.3 sq. km), South Sichuan Port area (20.0 sq. km), and Chengdu Qingbaijiang Railway Port area (9.7 sq. km).